Hogan Marren Babbo & Rose, Ltd.’s Corporate and Transactional Practice focuses on providing clients with strategies and solutions that meet their specific business needs. We offer a team of experienced attorneys well-equipped to handle a full spectrum of commercial transactions, from the sale and purchase of a small business to the structuring of multi-party joint ventures involving much larger enterprises. Our attorneys work with companies and organizations of all sizes in multiple sectors of the economy, including health care, education and restaurants and hospitality. Regardless of whether the transaction is large or small, our substantive knowledge of the law and in-depth understanding of the industries in which our clients operate allow us to deliver the representation our clients need to accomplish their goals.
Our Corporate and Transactional Practice includes the following areas:
- Employment and Licensing. HMBR attorneys focus on providing practical and economical advice that meets our client’s employment and licensing needs. We routinely review and prepare a wide range of employment-related agreements, including non-competes, confidentiality, severance, and partnership and shareholder agreements. Our attorneys also advise employers and employees involved in workplace disciplinary matters and counsel clients on federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Entity Formation and Corporate Governance. Whether a corporation, limited liability company (LLC), partnership or other arrangement, the choice of legal entity is an important decision when starting a new business. Our attorneys help clients identify the most suitable legal entity for their enterprises and work to develop the organizational agreements they will need to get their companies up and running. We also advise clients on all aspects of corporate governance, including maintenance of corporate records, appointment of officers and directors as well as complex fiduciary duty matters.
- Mergers and Acquisitions. Our lawyers provide innovative, forward-thinking counsel to parties involved in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and other strategic alliances. We are well-equipped to handle the most sophisticated transactions and work directly with our clients to develop creative, flexible structures that best accomplish their business goals within the confines of the law.
- Private Equity and Venture Capital. Our firm works with venture-backed companies in the health care and education sectors and the private equity and venture capital firms that finance them to find creative solutions to complex legal and business challenges. We understand the motivations and regulatory risks that underlie these sophisticated transactions and provide the assistance clients need to create compliant arrangements that maximize value and business growth in these heavily regulated environments.
- Real Estate. HMBR lawyers represent both buyers and sellers in a wide range of real estate transactions, from the purchase of a single-family residence to the sale of multi-million dollar commercial properties. Our lawyers provide comprehensive advice and representation at every stage of the transaction, including partnering with Chicago Title and Trust Company to offer first-rate legal, title and trust services.